Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Information Overload! System Reboot

I owe you all some posts, but for now you'll just get a very brief synopsis. Tonight I will sleep long instead of writing, after sleeping in 6 beds in the last 8 nights! Here's the brief scoop:

  • Sepsi Szent Gyorgy for 3 wonderful days with Erika(Balazs scholar my first year at Starr King) - including side trips to Brasso (Brasov/Kronstadt) and Arcos (a village with a fortress-church and a "castle"), as well as a classical guitar concert in the modern Unitarian (UU-looking) church and a visit to the hospital where Erika's a chaplain (as well as many good meals!).
  • Gyergyo Szent Miklos for the weekend with Endre (Balazs scholar last year) and Eva - including a trip up into the mountain lake of Gyilkosto, where we climbed the big rock you see here (and got hailed on), went to church and had a great Q&A session afterwards about churches here and UUism in the US, and then went up into other foothills for a beautiful afternoon of streams and delicious food and mineral water collected where it bubbles up from the earth. (I would be remiss if I didn't mention the slang that Eva's cousin taught me, and the chocolate-liquor-crepes (polochinta) that we made)
  • Kolozsvar I took a train at the ungodly hour of 5:30am yesterday to Kolozsvar (Cluj). (Really, I don't think God ever intended us to travel at such hours!) Today and yesterday I've been here at the "headquarters" that houses the Bishops' office and Unitarian schools (K-12 plus a seminary).

    Total transit time thus far: 65-70 hours. (Perhaps I'll make another google map)
    I'll write you much more about the many things I'm learning and wonderful people I'm getting to know later. Thanks to Zsolt (Balazs scholar 4 years ago), I now have a laptop for the week which will make it easier to catch up on this blog.

    Jo eszakat! (Good night)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment